REDCap Frequently Asked Questions
The following Harvard-affiliated institutions have adopted REDCap. If you’re from an institution outside Harvard, please contact REDCap directly.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Joslin Diabetes Center (accessible only via Joslin Workstation or VPN)
- Mass General Brigham
Minimal training is needed to begin using REDCap. Development support is available in the form of:
- Online tutorials and videos
- Periodic training and refined user guides provided by Harvard Catalyst EDC support staff
- Contact with Harvard Catalyst EDC support staff regarding your issues or questions
No programming, networking, or database experience is needed to use REDCap. Simple design interfaces within REDCap handle all of these details automatically. Simply point and click to design your EDC tool(s).
Data from your study can be easily exported into Microsoft Excel and analysis packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, and STATA.
All surveys and forms can be downloaded as a universal PDF file to be printed and filed.
Guides provide step-by-step instruction for the most commonly used features of REDCap. Where applicable, various sections of the guide contain screenshots and instructional videos. Please note that both user guides will be continually updated and expanded.
Please contact us with any questions, comments, or suggestions.