Protected Time for Research
Two-year faculty fellowship supports junior faculty at critical juncture. Read more about our 2021-2023 faculty fellowship winner, Dennis Spencer, MD, PhD.
Summer research at Harvard Medical School
Medical students from across the U.S. virtually participate in our annual summer c/t research internship program.
For more information:Email Us
Supporting a diverse clinical and translational research workforce is a top priority for Harvard Catalyst through its governance, programming, training, and resource allocation.
Specifically, the program:
- Supports institutional efforts to increase diversity among Harvard Medical School faculty and trainees through the annual Faculty Development and Career Development Programs, which include lectures and workshops aimed at addressing key career development issues. Topics span: Federal Funding opportunities, Presentation / Communication Skills, Getting it Right in Primetime: Improving Your Media Interaction Skills
- Offers education, mentoring and community-building events aimed at improving the promotion and retention rates among diverse faculty who are conducting clinical and translational research, and
- Improves the cultural competence of all Harvard University faculty.
Harvard Catalyst collaborates with the Faculty Development and Diversity Inclusion offices across Harvard Medical School and its affiliated academic healthcare centers, and is a member of the Consortium of Harvard Affiliated Offices for Faculty Development and Diversity Inclusion (CHADD).
Harvard Medical School’s Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership (DICP) has a mission to advance diversity inclusion in health, biomedical, behavioral, and STEM fields that build individual and institutional capacity to achieve excellence, foster innovation, and ensure equity in health locally, nationally, and globally.
Harvard Catalyst is a co-sponsor of the New England Science Symposium (NESS), which promotes careers in biomedical science. NESS, offered annually since 2002, provides a national competitive forum for postdoctoral fellows; medical, dental, and graduate students; post-baccalaureates; college and community college students (particularly African-American, Hispanic, and American Indian/Alaska Native individuals) involved in biomedical or health-related scientific research, to present their research projects through oral or poster presentations.
- Training Directory
- Harvard Medical School Office for Diversity Inclusion & Community Partnership
- Harvard Medical School Diversity Task Force; Better Together Video
- Biomedical Science Careers Program
- New England Science Symposium
- Harvard University Diversity Outreach Programs
- Association of American Medical Colleges Aspiring Docs