- Understand the most commonly used approaches in medical statistics
- Choose an appropriate analysis
- Implement these techniques in statistical software
- Assess the statistical methods chosen in a paper
This online course, formerly known as Certificate in Applied Biostatistics, offers a comprehensive introduction to biostatistics in medical research. The course includes a review of the most common techniques in the field, as well as the manner in which these techniques are applied in standard statistical software. A full list of course topics is available on the Course Details page.
Recently updated and re-recorded weekly lectures are combined with learning assessments and practicum exercises to support and engage participants. Optional discussion boards, office hours, and journal club sessions are available for those who wish to engage further with colleagues and faculty.
By the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Choose an appropriate statistical analysis plan
- Calculate the sample size needed to complete a study
- Analyze the collected data
- Communicate the results from their experiment
September 13, 2021 – July 1, 2022.
Four hours per week
August 18, 2021
A comprehensive overview of study design and applied biostatistics
Harvard affiliates: $2800.00
Non-Harvard affiliates: $4000.00
The application process will open on July 12, 2021.