- Understand the most commonly used approaches in medical statistics
- Choose an appropriate analysis
- Implement these techniques in statistical software
- Assess the statistical methods chosen in a paper
This online course offers a comprehensive introduction to biostatistics in medical research. The course includes a review of the most common techniques in the field, as well as the manner in which these techniques are applied in standard statistical software. A full list of course topics is available on the Course Details page.
Recently updated and re-recorded weekly lectures are combined with learning assessments and practicum exercises to support and engage participants. Optional discussion boards, office hours, and journal club sessions are available for those who wish to engage further with colleagues and faculty.
By the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Choose an appropriate statistical analysis plan
- Calculate the sample size needed to complete a study
- Analyze the collected data
- Communicate the results from their experiment
September 14, 2020 – April 30, 2021
Four hours per week
Course is not currently being offered. Please check back at a later date.
A comprehensive overview of study design and applied biostatistics
- MD, PhD, or equivalent
- Explicit involvement in basic science/clinical research
- Harvard affiliates: $2800.00
- Non-Harvard affiliates: $4000.00
- Cancellation and Refund Policy [PDF]
- Course fees can be modified for participants unable to meet financial requirements due to their geographical location. Email us at email@example.com to inquire about potential eligibility.
The application process is closed.