Online series: Understanding Medical Device and Diagnostic Development Processes and Contemporary Realities: Lessons Learned from COVID-19
Each session will include talks by innovators, followed by facilitated discussion and time for questions from course participants.
- May 26, 12:00-1:30pm: Fundamental Components of Medical Device and Diagnostic Development within a COVID-19 World
- June 2, 12:00-1:30pm: Diagnostics
- June 9, 12:00-1:30pm: Protecting the Workforce: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Beyond
- June 16, 12:00-1:30pm: Ventilation Solutions
- June 23, 12:00-1:30pm: Looking Ahead: Perspectives on Lessons Learned and Potential Future Impacts
This series draws from our popular Medical Device Development course. The five sessions will cover the fundamentals of device and diagnostic development presented through the lens of challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Experts will address topics ranging from the identification of clinical need for devices and diagnostics to implementation and post-market surveillance in a changing regulatory environment, including emergency use authorization (EUA). Leading professionals and innovators will share their experiences over the past year, and course faculty will facilitate conversations that highlight key principles.
This series is designed for individuals interested in medical device and diagnostic innovation. A brief introduction to device and diagnostic development and translation will be provided, and supplemental resources will be recommended for those who are interested in further training. Former Medical Device Development course participants are welcome to register.
There are no eligibility requirements for this series.
- Free for Harvard-affiliated schools and institutions
- CTSA member: $94 per session OR $337.00 for all five sessions(Note: this is a 25% discount off the standard fee.)
- Non-CTSA member: $125 per session OR $450 for all five sessions
- Cancellation and Refund Policy [PDF]
- Course fees can be modified for participants unable to meet financial requirements due to their geographical location. Email us to inquire about potential eligibility.