Forum: Investing in Prevention – How a Statewide Sugary Drink Tax in California Could Improve Health and Promote Health Equity
The CHOICES Project is excited to host the first event in our CHOICES Web Forum series. In this panel, key leaders in the field will discuss how cost-effectiveness analysis can be a useful decision-making tool to prioritize strategies that promote healthy eating, active living, and health equity.
• Marcus Plescia, chief medical officer, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
• Maria Ochoa, assistant deputy director, California Department of Public Health
• Jessie Gouck, senior program specialist, California Department of Public Health
• Kristine Madsen, associate professor, University of California Berkeley School of Public Health; faculty director, Berkeley Food Institute
• Jim Krieger, executive director, Healthy Food America; clinical professor of medicine and health services, University of Washington