- Understand the different factors that contribute to managing, leading, and maintaining a successful research team.
- Understand the roles that each member of a team contributes to the overall success and advancement of a project.
- Understand the overarching concepts that contribute to a researcher’s success within their career.
- Understand how being an effective leader will contribute to future success.
Leadership Strategies for the Researcher helps prepare clinical and translational investigators as they face the challenges inherent in establishing a research program. This two-day course features both interactive and didactic sessions, with a focus on best practices in leading and managing a team, and navigating a career path in research. Session topics include:
- Developing a personal strategy
- Managing grant finances
- Managing projects
- Communication styles and strategies
- Managing meetings
- Resolving conflict
- Hiring, managing, and terminating team members
Harvard Catalyst In-Person Learning is suspended due to COVID-19 precautions. Please refer to Online Learning for current offerings.
Junior principal investigators and emerging clinician-researchers interested in building their leadership and management skills.
- MD and/or PhD involved in clinical research
- Instructors or assistant professors currently leading research teams
- Free for Harvard-affiliated schools and institutions
- CTSA member: $900.00
(Note: this is a 25% discount off the standard fee.)
- Non-CTSA member: $1200.00
- Cancellation and Refund Policy [PDF]
- Course fees can be modified for participants unable to meet financial requirements due to their geographical location. Email us to inquire about potential eligibility.
The Harvard Catalyst Education Program is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Participants will be informed of any pre-course work requirements at least one week in advance of the course.
The application process is closed. Please check back for future opportunities.