- Understand the different factors that contribute to managing, leading, and maintaining a successful research team.
- Understand the roles that each member of a team contributes to the overall success and advancement of a project.
- Understand the overarching concepts that contribute to a researcher’s success within their career.
- Understand how being an effective leader will contribute to future success.
Leadership Strategies for the Researcher helps prepare clinical and translational investigators as they face the challenges inherent in establishing a research program. This one-day, in-person course features both interactive and didactic sessions, with a focus on best practices in leading and managing a team, and navigating a career path in research.
Session topics include:
- Developing a personal strategy
- Communication styles and strategies
- Developing and managing team members
May 17, 2023 | 8:00am – 5:00pm
This is a one-day course that will take place IN PERSON at Harvard Medical School. Participants will be required to follow all Covid-19 guidelines outlined by Harvard Medical School.
Emerging clinician-researchers and principal investigators interested in building their leadership and management skills.
We believe that the research community is strengthened by understanding how a number of factors including gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, culture, religion, national origin, language, disability, and age shape the environment in which we live and work, affect each of our personal identities, and impacts all areas of human health.
- MD and/or PhD involved in clinical research
- Instructors or assistant professors currently leading research teams with established funding and direct reports
- Priority will be given to individuals affiliated with Harvard schools and institutions
Free for Harvard-affiliated schools and institutions.
The Harvard Catalyst Education Program is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Participants will be informed of any pre-course work requirements at least one week in advance of the course.
The application process is closed. Please email LSR@catalyst.harvard.edu or check back for future opportunities.