Countway Library of Medicine Research Services
Countway Library of Medicine can be contacted for all queries via Ask Countway. Below are a review of many research services we provide across departments.
The Publishing and Data Services team is committed to supporting the Harvard community in advancing access, dissemination, and reproducibility of biomedical and health science research.
Our team offers workshops, tutorials, and consultations to increase awareness, proficiency and adoption of digital technologies that are essential to scholarly communication, research collaboration, data management, and bioinformatics.
Our goal is to provide expert services and support to the Harvard community in efforts that foster participation in Open Science initiatives, and share Harvard’s scholarly outputs and unique digital collections with researchers throughout the world.
- Digital Repositories & Manuscript Submission (NIHMS, DASH, BioRxiv, medRxiv)
- NIH Public Access Policy Compliance (My NCBI, eRA Commons, PMCID#)
- Research Data Management & Data Sharing Policies (see Harvard Biomedical Data Management)
- Online Collaboration Tools (Open Science Framework, Protocols.io)
- Electronic Theses & Dissertations
- Copyright & Fair Use
- Author Profiles & CV (SciENcv; ORCID; My NCBI Bibliography)
- Research Assessment & Impact Metrics
- Scholarly Publishing & Manuscript Preparation
- Bibliography & Citation (EndNote / Zotero)
- Oral Presentation & Scholarly Communication
The Research and Instruction team promotes and creates evidence-based curriculum opportunities based on our user communities’ feedback. We engage in culturally responsive research practices and methods and collaborate on research projects across project continuums. Our team is integrated and embedded into the campus communities as liaison librarians across departments in the three schools on the Longwood campus.
You can ask us about:
- Customized instruction for your course or program
- The Course Librarian role in Canvas for research and project consultations, in-Canvas support, and virtual offices hours
- You search: advice and preparing you to build search strategies
- We search: librarian support in finding scholarship on a topic
- Research partnership with a librarian (see Review Service)
- Custom introductions to library resources and services
- One-on-one or small group advising: talk to a subject specialist
The Center for the History of Medicine is Countway’s dynamic special collections, archives, and museum. Staff at the Center for the History of Medicine are information resource professionals with postgraduate degrees in library and information science, museum studies, and history. Research consultations enable these experts to understand the work you are doing so that they can help you identify collections to support your area of inquiry.
Please contact the Center staff to schedule a research consultation.