Workshop: Introduction to RNA-seq Analysis Using High-Performance Computing and R – Oct. 28-30 & Dec.9-11
Deadline: Monday, September 9, 2019
Workshop: Introduction to RNA-seq Analysis Using High-Performance Computing and R
Session Dates: October 28-30 & December 9-11
Application Deadline: September 9, 2019
*Please note: These dates refer to a two-part workshop series spanning six days over seven weeks.
This hands-on, two-part workshop series will cover how to efficiently manage and analyze sequencing data using the Unix command line interface on a high-performance computing (HPC) environment, and will introduce the basics of R (with RStudio) and utilize it to perform differential gene expression analysis on RNA-seq count data and visualize results.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent
- Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Interest in RNA sequencing analysis for bulk tissue samples
- No or minimal experience with data analysis using the Unix command line interface and the R programming environment
- No prior programming experience or command line training is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not attended a similar Harvard Catalyst or Harvard Chan Bioinformatics Core bioinformatics workshop in the past two years.
- Six days
- Free for Harvard-affiliated schools and institutions
- Participants external to Harvard will be charged a fee. Please contact course administrator for details.