Training program: C/T Research Academy
Session Dates: July 2021 – May 2023
Application Deadline: January 29, 2021
The goal of the C/T Research Academy is to support, nurture, and grow the next generation of c/t investigators at Harvard Medical School. Our graduates become highly competitive for careers in translational and patient-oriented research in academia, industry, and regulatory affairs. The program offers advanced training to early-career c/t researchers, with a focus on the core knowledge necessary to achieve success in c/t research.
Harvard Catalyst is committed to partnering with departments and divisions to provide education, core resources, project management, mentorship committees, grant training, and support for protected time. Completion of the two-year training program, which includes a carefully structured didactic curriculum and a mentor-based research project, culminates in a Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research from Harvard Catalyst.
The C/T Research Academy focuses on the following key areas:
- Clinical trial and study design
- Computational/statistical sciences
- Drug development
- Biomedical ethics
- Genetics and omics technology
- Commercializing innovations
- MD, DMD, PhD
- Must be a clinical or research fellow in a Harvard-affiliated academic health center, preparing for or currently conducting C/T research with a Harvard-based mentor. Additionally, must have two full years of salary support and 75 percent protected time available at the time of admission to the program
- Two years
- No cost for participants