Panel Discussion: Universal Basic Income in the U.S. – Insights from Research and Practice
Experts will speak on the evidence and practice for universal basic income as a social policy strategy for improving health and wellbeing. Panelists will share current evidence, discuss lessons from existing city-led pilot demonstrations, and provide recommendations to inform national policy.
- Jeffrey Liebman, Malcolm Wiener Professor of Public Policy; director of the Taubman Center for State and Local Government, Harvard Kennedy School
- Amy Castro Baker, assistant professor of social policy and practice, University of Pennsylvania; co-principal investigator, Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration
- Geoffrey Canada, president, Harlem’s Children Zone
- Natalie Foster, senior fellow, The Aspen Institute Future of Work Initiative; co-founder and co-chair, Economic Security Project
- Sumbul Siddiqui, mayor of Cambridge, Massachusetts