Funding: 2024-2025 T32 Postdoctoral Fellowships: Harvard Translational Research in Aging Training Program
Three postdoctoral positions are available from Harvard Translational Research in Aging Training Program via NIA funded Institutional Research Training Grant.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents at the time of application. Award recipients may be eligible to apply for the NIH Loan Repayment Program. This funding supports salary, fringe, mentored research activities, coursework, seminars and up to $2,500 to defray childcare costs.
Areas of research include:
• Mechanisms and preventive interventions for falls and mobility impairments (e.g. transcranial direct current stimulation, devices, and senolytic drugs)
• Gait and balance
• Vascular aging and blood pressure regulation including cerebrovascular pathophysiology and imaging
• Epidemiology, omics/bioinformatics, microbiome, imaging, biomechanics, and nutritional aspects of bone, joint, and muscle
• Spinal degeneration, osteoarthritis, disc disease, hyperkyphosis, vertebral fracture
• Pharmacoepidemiology and trials in long term care
• Frailty assessment to improve outcomes of drug therapy and surgical procedures
• Predicting functional outcomes
• Palliative Care / Health Policy / Shared Decision Making
• Delirium measurement, pathophysiology, and interventions
• Diseases in older Adults: Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Parkinson’s, Cardiovascular
• Disease, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
• Biology of Aging
• Data science and software development as applied to observational and interventional science in aging
• Integrative therapies for older adults
Letters of intent are due Friday, November 10, 2023
Final applications are due Friday March 15, 2024
Guidelines, application materials and more information on the program can be found on the Marcus Institute for Aging Research website.