Course: Maximizing Mentee-Mentor Relationships – Empowering the Mentee
Session Dates: May 20-21, 2020
Application Deadline: February 27, 2020
Maximizing Mentee-Mentor Relationships: Empowering the Mentee helps emerging clinical and translational investigators navigate the complexities of the mentoring dynamic. Emphasizing the perspective of the mentee, this two-day course explores strategies for successful mentoring relationships through case studies, lectures, and interactive sessions. Each session addresses critical issues such as expectations and responsibilities, pitfalls and challenges, and communication and career development. Participants will learn practical tools for empowering their own mentee-mentor relationships, and discuss the impact these relationships can have on both personal and academic success.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent with an interest in clinical and translational research
- Instructors, clinical residents, and clinical fellows
- Postdoctoral research fellows
- Graduate students pursuing doctoral degrees accepted as space permits
- Biomedical scientists, researchers, and MDs outside of Harvard are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Two days