Program: Career Catalyst
Session dates: September 2021 – June 2022
Application deadline: July 8, 2021
Career Catalyst is a strategic, one-year mentoring program for early-career researchers. Participants in the program learn about the importance of establishing successful mentoring relationships that promote personal and professional satisfaction.
Mentees accepted into the program must commit to fully participate in the following*:
- Two, one-hour meetings per month: October 2021-May 2022
- Mentor/mentee meetings take place in small groups and will be scheduled for mutually convenient times.
- Three, required events throughout the program for all mentees and mentors:
- Opening Event: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 10:00-12:00pm EST
- Mid-Year Event: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 10:00-12:00pm EST
- Closing Event: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:00-12:00pm EST
- Additional, optional meetings on special topics of interest offered throughout the year.
*Due to ongoing restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic, the program will begin remotely. As conditions change, it is possible that aspects of the program will resume in-person.
- Graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty seeking guidance on overall career development
- Applicants may or may not have a scientific project mentor or principal investigator
- MD, PhD, or equivalent, with an interest in clinical and translational research
- Clinical residents and clinical fellows
- Postdoctoral research fellows
- Graduate students pursuing doctoral degrees