Course: Career Catalyst
Session Dates: September 2020-June 2021
Application Deadline: July 10, 2020
Career Catalyst is a strategic, one-year mentoring program for early-career researchers. Participants in the program learn about the importance of establishing successful mentoring relationships that promote personal and professional satisfaction. Participants will:
- Understand how to create a successful mentee-mentor relationship.
- Learn the strategies involved in becoming an empowered mentee.
- Appreciate the need for a dynamic mentoring network.
- Understand how to promote career growth and development.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent, with an interest in clinical and translational research
- Clinical residents and clinical fellows
- Postdoctoral research fellows
- Graduate students pursuing doctoral degrees
- Mentees accepted into the program must commit to fully participate in the following:
- Two, one-hour meetings per month: October 2020-May 2021
- Mentor/mentee meetings take place in small groups and will be scheduled for mutually convenient times
- Three required events throughout the program for all mentees and mentors (all events will run from approximately 4:00-7:00pm on the Harvard Medical School campus):
- Opening Event: Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Mid-Year Event: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Closing Event: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Additional optional, in-person, and/or digital meetings offered throughout the year