- Understand delivery strategies on how to keep (or get back) audience engagement during a virtual presentation.
- Recognize how to use body language and eye contact effectively in the virtual world (as compared to presenting in person).
- Complete technical assessment of your virtual setting: background, camera frame, sound quality, lighting. Discuss recommended equipment and improvements.
- Utilize powerful (but little known) Zoom technical tips and tricks for more seamless communication.
The Harvard Catalyst Writing and Communication Center introduces Present Your Science: Dynamic Virtual Delivery.
In today’s world of virtual presentations, the challenges for communicators trying to connect with stakeholders are bigger than ever. This 75-minute interactive session provides actionable insights to help professionals come across more confidently, more credibly, and more dynamically in the virtual environment. Participants will make immediate improvements to their virtual environments that positively impact how they come across as a communicator.
Meet the presenter
Melissa Marshall, Founder of Present Your Science
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Open to all who are interested in communicating effectively with their audience virtually.
We believe that the research community is strengthened by understanding how a number of factors including gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, culture, religion, national origin, language, disability, and age shape the environment in which we live and work, affect each of our personal identities, and impacts all areas of human health.
- Free for Harvard-affiliated schools and institutions
- CTSA member: $75.00
(Note: this is a 25% discount off the standard fee.)
- Non-CTSA member: $100.00
- Cancellation and Refund Policy [PDF]
To inquire about available discounts, contact us.
- Additional 10% off for nurses and Allied Health Professionals (can be combined with other discounts)
- Community Partners of Harvard Catalyst Programs
- Countries with GNI below $13,000
The application process is closed. Please check back for future opportunities.