- Know the preliminary components needed to apply for any grant funding.
- Appreciate the importance of communicating grant ideas clearly. Understand the basic construction of a grant and how to address each component.
- Understand the budget process and its implications.
- Understand the aspects of a general peer review process, what it entails, and what happens after the grant application leaves your hands.
May 26 – August 4, 2021
Online course work and assignments averaging two to three hours per week
May 12, 2020 at 5:00pm ET
Researchers seeking to gain an initial overview of grant writing including how to prepare, manage, and write successful grant applications
- Doctorate or master-level degree or be actively involved with the grant-writing process
- Participants are expected to have a central hypothesis or objective for their future grant application so that they can use the course to begin preparing for submission within the next two years.
- Free for Harvard-affiliated institutions
- CTSA member: $375.00
(Note: this is a 25% discount off the standard fee)
- Non-CTSA member: $500.00
- Cancellation and Refund Policy [PDF]
- Course fees can be modified for participants unable to meet financial requirements due to their geographical location. Email us to inquire about potential eligibility.
This online course is designed to provide an overview of the requisite skills and comprehensive considerations needed to give participants an in-depth introduction to the grant writing process. Participants in this course will learn grant writing strategies firsthand from researchers who have successfully applied for funding from a variety of sources. The online course will cover:
- an overview of project management practices, techniques, and procedures applicable to grant writing
- the preliminary criteria being considered to apply for grant funding
- the components of a grant
- understanding the grant application process
- creating a clear and concise grant proposal
- understanding the peer review process
Interested in taking more than one Funding Your Research course? Our new Funding Your Research Course Bundle allows you to save on the course fees while learning how to obtain funding from various sources. Course offerings include Successful Grant Writing Strategies, Funding Your Research: NIH, Funding Your Research: Non-NIH Government Agencies, Funding Your Research: Industry, and Funding Your Research: Foundations and Philanthropy.
5% OFF two-course bundle
10% OFF three-course bundle
15% OFF four-course bundle
20% OFF five-course bundle
*This offer does not apply to Harvard-affiliates, for whom there is no fee.
The Harvard Catalyst Education Program is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Harvard Catalyst Education Program’s policy requires full participation and the completion of all activity surveys to be eligible for CME credit; no partial credit is allowed.
The registration process will open March 10, 2021.