- Learn how to efficiently manage and analyze sequencing data using the Unix command line interface on a high-performance computing (HPC) environment
- Understand the basics of R (with RStudio) and utilizing it to perform differential gene expression analysis on RNA-seq count data and visualize results.
High-throughput sequencing techniques can rapidly provide a global picture of the processes within cells, allowing for accelerated discoveries in biology. As sequencing technologies improve and the costs decline, learning how to analyze and handle these large datasets has become imperative for researchers in biology and medicine.
Bioinformatics workshops are designed for researchers working with, or planning to work with, sequencing data. Each of these workshops will address some or all of the following:
- experimental design for sequencing experiments
- analysis methods
- best practices for sequencing analysis
- computational skills
Harvard Catalyst currently offers the following bioinformatics workshops:
- Introduction to RNA-Seq Analysis
- Introduction to UNIX and RNA-Seq analysis
- Introduction to R Workshop
Harvard Catalyst In-Person Learning is suspended due to COVID-19 precautions. Please refer to Online Learning for current offerings.
MD, DNP, PhD or equivalent, DDS/DMD
We believe that the research community is strengthened by understanding how a number of factors including gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, culture, religion, national origin, language, disability, and age shape the environment in which we live and work, affect each of our personal identities, and impacts all areas of human health.
Some workshops have additional prerequisites.
Harvard Catalyst Postgraduate Education Program’s policy requires full attendance and the completion of all activity surveys to be eligible for CME credit; no partial credit is allowed.
The Harvard Catalyst Education Program is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The application process is closed. Please check back for future opportunities.