Harvard Catalyst offers pilot grants to Harvard investigators who need seed funds for early stage research anywhere along the translational spectrum,
from basic/preclinical investigation to practice- or population-based research. Grant Central provides web-based information and tools to apply for external funding.
How do I:
- Find the funding I need to gather preliminary data?
- Consider applying for a Harvard Catalyst Pilot Grant.
- Visit our Education & Training page to find out about fellowships and other funded learning opportunities.
- Find funding opportunities on a specific biomedical topic?
- Use Grant Central to search by keyword for grants being offered by federal funding agencies. Through Grant Central's advanced search, you can also filter by grant type to narrow your search to opportunities appropriate to the stage of your career.
- Access web-based tools to help develop a grant proposal?
- Create a project in Grant Central, invite your collaborators, assign tasks among your team, and share your proposal and related documents securely.
- Identify researchers with whom to collaborate?
- Harvard Catalyst Profiles lets you search across multiple Harvard faculties and all of the affiliated hospitals for investigators who share your research interests.
- The Consulting Services can assist you in identifying potential collaborators.
- Get advice on grant development?
- Check the Advanced Curriculum Compendium for grant-writing courses.
- Request a consultation from one of the Consulting Services. Some of the services are available to help with grant development, particularly for investigators applying for a Harvard Catalyst Pilot Grant.